- of high moral, aesthetic, intellectual, or spiritual value
- inspiring deep veneration, awe, or uplifting emotion because of its beauty, nobility, grandeur, or immensity
- in small measure or degree.
- a project or undertaking, especially one that requires boldness or effort
- participation in such projects
- readiness to embark on new ventures; boldness and energy
A Slightly Sublime Enterprise
So you’ve made it here.
That means you must be wondering what this is all about.
Who am I?
What’s the deal with this blog?
- I’m a human.
I’m a human, who loves to write (hence why I have a blog).
I write about anything that comes to my brain.
I love art of all kinds. Music is one of my greatest passions.
I like long walks on the beach (oh wait, this isn’t my online dating account).
I love philosophy. I love philosophical discussions of all kinds.
I love knowledge. All kinds, from physics to astronomy, from anthropology to history to the sociology of the present. Learning is not something we do while is school then stop, life is learning.
I like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain (well I actually don’t like piña coladas, but getting caught in the rain can be fun).
I love life. The beauty that we have been gifted with. Our very existence is a thing of beauty.
- Why not?
This blog serves several purposes.
- On a personal level, this blog is about self-expression. It allows my creativity to flow. Allows me to develop my writing skills and my personal style. It allows me to get feedback from others (such as yourself), which I can in turn build off of.
- It’s also my catharsis. I have realized the dangers of bottling up emotions. It’s like poison for the soul. I have spent many years bottling things up, never expressing myself fully. This blog is helping me with that. I can post anything my emotional self requires. Sometimes happy, sometimes depressing. But as soon as I hit that publish button I feel better (sometimes there’s the mild anxiety of “will people like it?” but that’s minor and fleeting). It helps me work through my emotions, move on, and grow from it.
- It allows for exposure for my writing. My goal is to be published. I would love more than anything to have someone read a book with my name on it, to have them enjoy it, and for it to have an effect on them. Because that’s what it’s all about, reaching out. Touching other minds, provoking thought and inspiring others. Life is a communal thing, we’re here to share, here to learn, here to grow, and we don’t do it alone.
- On a greater level, this blog is about you. Yep, that’s why you’re here. You’re looking for something, searching it out on the interwebs. And you came here, and if I’m doing my job right, you’ll find it. I’m not saying I’ve got all the answers (I’ve got far more questions than answers), but maybe something I write will trigger something in you, and you’ll find the answers you were looking for.
- This blog is about spirit. It’s about that thing that’s greater than each of us as individuals. That thing that animates us. That makes us ask “Why are we here? What is our purpose?” There is far more going on here than the material world, that which we see with our eyes. There are forces at work far greater than ourselves, yet we are a part of it. An important part of it, and we have to acknowledge that, and live our lives based upon that truth if we truly want to thrive.
- Most of all, this blog is about hope. I see so much darkness in the eyes of the people around me. A look of hopelessness. It hurts me more than anything. People believe that we are evil, that we are beyond saving, that the world is a place of darkness. I cannot allow that thinking to continue. Without hope there is nothing. Once hope is given up we have already lost. I’m not going out like that, how about you?
So that’s the deal.
This is a blog about the communication of ideas. The sharing of moments.
Our growth as beings.
It’s about you, me, and the things that make us one.
Thanks for being a part of it.